Pages

Sunday, February 26, 2017

Insight On GCE

In the third unit of the course System and Models, we studied Commons, I-O Psychology, Six Sigma, Total Quality, how to evaluate companies and groups. We watched a motivation video demonstrating mastery, purpose and accountability. We watched another video about incentives, how people work more for certain things and how people incentives change over time. For our FE’s we talked to Jessica Tondreau and Eric Davis. Jessica is GCE’s counselor and Eric is the founder of GCE. We talked to them because they know how the school function, what is the purpose of a different learning style that we have and what the school is meant to be. For our action project, we had to look at a system in the school and break it down using an evaluation called SWOT. I chose to look at equipment because it’s a topic we are facing right now, where there is no respect for it. Along with choosing a system we had to relate it to Business Trends, Commons, Maslow Hierarchy of Needs, System Thinking and I-O Psychology. We also had to conduct interviews and come up with a solution. During this project I had difficulty with getting interviews from students and I had a little trouble connecting everything to my topic. In this project I learned how to look at different aspect of a problem and how to come up with a productive and satisfying solution. To know more about the cool equipment that we have at GCE and that students can use, check out my prezi below. Hope you enjoy it!


No comments:

Post a Comment