Pages

Tuesday, March 21, 2017

A Whole New Theater

In the first unit of the course Stage Chemistry, we studied stage productions, stages blueprints, how to set up a theater and we blueprinted our school. In doing blueprints, we learned how to take measurement, how to convert inches into feet and how to scale real life measurements to paper blueprints. For our action project, we had to chose a place where we would like to hold a play. We would have to transform the place into a theater. I chose to transform a room in our school for the play Aladdin. I chose it because it has many things that I need for the audience and for the actors. I had to measure the length and width of the room along with other rooms that I used. The other rooms where amenities for my theater. During this project, I had difficulties measuring the rooms and converting them to feet. I also struggles with finding ways to satisfy the actors and audience when creating the environment for the rooms. In this project I learned how much work goes into a stage production, how calculating the measurements is really important and how you have to think of the actors, audience and how you want to play to turn out. Overall the project was a little stressful, but I liked how I challenged myself to do more rooms then put everything in one and doing all the calculation. To know more about my project, check it out below. Hope it give you an idea when planning a play and making your stage.

I chose a room called OC because it's a big room and I was able to imagine my stage in that room. OC gave me space to have a stage that is big enough for the actors and I have plenty of seats, that is what I wanted. In the process of planning the seating, stage and how it will all work in opening night. I was thinking about the audience and actors all the time. I wanted to give the actors a space for themselves and I wanted them to feel special by having two room for them. I also wanted to audience to feel comfortable by having a lobby for them, restrooms available for them and providing a variety of snacks for them. Although having different rooms for these things I had to measure the rooms to scale it to paper, which was work than I had to do and was challenging, but I was able to do it with help from my peers and teacher. Creating the blueprints took more time than I thought because I kept messing up in the scaling and placing things where I want them to be. I also took a while to thin of good logic statements because I didn't want to write something obvious. I struggle a little in this project, but I liked how I challenged myself with more rooms even if in that time it was hard and I was able to go through with it. I like the final product of my blueprints and my cover page.

JV. OC. 2017.

Comparing my theater to Goodman Theater:


No comments:

Post a Comment