Pages

Friday, February 3, 2017

People's Favorite President

In the first unit of the course Equality, we studied, race, gender, class and other ways our society or world isn’t equal. We looked at many video of how all of this segregation has impacted our lives, how it changed society and how made people have certain views. We also saw a movie about racism that shows how one can be racist to their own race by comparing skin tones, color eyes, color hair and things like that. We had a guest speaker, Elizabeth Dozier, where she talked about making an impact on lower income students lives and how our educational system sets us up to fail. For our action project, we made a textbook look alike chapter based on a historical event. I chose the election of Barack Obama, 2008-2016 because it is something that impact my family and many of my friends were sad when he left the presidency. During this project I had difficulties with balancing creativity with formal because my topic is political and I didn’t want to choose a color or font that doesn’t go according to it. I learned how to create and issuu and I am proud of my work. To know more about the election check out my project below, hope it’s informative.


No comments:

Post a Comment