Pages

Saturday, May 28, 2016

“One Of The Worst Supreme Court Decision Ever In The United States”

For the third unit of the course Policy we studied, we learned the purpose and powers of the judicial branch, and how those powers have been executed throughout history. We learned the role of the judicial branch and who is that branch today. We learned the difference between Federal Court and State Court, the different wars America has been in and habeas corpus. For our action project, we had to choose a court case and find research on it. The purpose of this action project is to document a historical Supreme Court and analyze how it has affected society since. I chose the Dred Scott v. Sandford case because I had some previous knowledge of it and because I think that this case had a change in our history. The media I chose to present my finding was prezi because I think it’s easy to handle and I think it captures people's attention when there's animation. During this project I had difficulty finding the truth because in every website it was different dates, different scenarios and I just didn’t know which one to believe. I also struggled with getting the quotes to go along with what I was explaining and that supports it. At the end of this project I learned to have patients when researching because it was a lot of research and lots of contradictions, but also to know what's coming because when researching about historical moments there are lots of versions to the situation, so that’s a hit that the research won’t be easy. I hope you find my prezi below informative.

No comments:

Post a Comment