Pages

Monday, February 3, 2014

My memory thats defines me

For my second project for my "WHO AM I" class I had to choose a memory that defines me. What we have to do with the memory is, to take people back to my memory. So for this project I am a time machine taking my classmates to a memory that I have and make the feel like they are there. In order to do this I have to use at least 3 seances of the 5 seances. My memory I choose was when I did my first folkloric dance. The seances that I will use is taste, sound, and sight. One thing I learned is how to make someone feel what I felt that day. I am proud of the prop I used to help my audience feel like they are their.



KIS. First Performance. 2014





It was a cold day in winter, it was noon and I was running back and forth from my room to the bathroom.


“Karla!” my mom yelled.
“Yes!” I responded.
“Hurry up” my mom...
“Im going”. I said.

Today was the first folkloric performance that I was going to have. Since I was new in this dance group. The teacher informed me that all the dancers had to put their hair up in a bun so that the audience can see our faces. Also we needed to have makeup on, my mom put natural makeup tones on me. After my mom finished my makeup we grabbed my dancing shoes and my costume. Once we got everything we left the house, got in the car and drove to the church that was couple of blocks away from my house. Once I got there I saw my two friends all dressed and ready to go on stage. The way we found this dance group was from my friends mom. I was going to a classical ballet class before I could go to the class at that time anymore.So my mom looked for other classes for me to attend, and that how I got in the mexican ballet group I said hi to everyone quickly and then I went go change. My costume was in two parts a white blouse and a red shirt, I also had to put on black little high heels that have nails at the bottom. At the beginning I was excited to put on something I never put on before but then after I had it on it felt weird because I was used to tights, a leotard and ballet shoes.  There was a certain order for the different groups to go on stage, I was the third on on that list so I was able to hang out with my friends for a couple of minute before we went on stage. Each dances lasted has 2-3 songs and when the two groups before me got off my heart was beating so it was like when you finish running a race,  I was so nervous I didn't want to go on stage. My friend saw me and said

“Come On!, don't be nervous you will be ok”.

While her saying that she was pulling me towards the stage. Everyone got in position to start, they lifted the curtains and the music started playing. I try to focus on my dancing so I wouldn't mess up the choreography but it was hard. When we finish the first song  a took a deep breath and waited for the next song to go on. When we finish I was so relieve that I wanted to change to my comfy clothes. After the whole show finish everyone went to go get something to eat. There wasn't any food left, the was only bread and hot chocolate. The good thing that I notice is that since I perform for them I get like a special treatment. I got two pieces of bread and two hot chocolates, one for me and one for my mom. After we ate our bread we just enjoy the rest of the event.    



No comments:

Post a Comment