Pages

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Dream Catcher

For the last unit of "Who AM I" we analyzed dreams. We had to choose a dream that we felt contrable talking about, we had a professional dream analyst tell us how to analyze our dreams. He told us that dreams are messages for the future from our unconscious. I shared my dream with a dream partner to hear what she think my dream meant. When we finish analyzing dreams we made a dream catcher to represent out dream. During this project and unit I learned how to make a dream catcher. I am proud of how I was able to tell a dream to someone else.


KIS. Dream Catcher. 2014


Artist Statement

The middle of my dream catcher sums up the positive elements that I have in my dreams. I use three colors yellow,red and pink for the weaving of my dream catcher. The feathers in the middle and the neutral colors around the ring.

My dream catcher represents my blist in a way, my blist is dancing. The black represents unhappiness and evil, I don't want that to go through the dream catcher thats why its in the outside far away from the center. To balance the evil I also put white next to it which symbolizes purity and peace. Now in the center I have three colors, red to represent my passion, excitement and love for dancing. The pink symbolizes caring and calm dreams that I want. The yellow represents happiness. I have the three colors in the middle in form of feathers for the good dreams to flow through them and the bad dreams to bump into the feathers. The five feathers at the bottom represents my family, my mom, my dad, my brother, my dog and me.

I wasn't the person in it I was just watching but somehow I knew what was going on.  
The was a little girl who one day woke up and didn't see her mom, only her dad, but her dad had some other lady with him kissing him. She didn't know what was going on all she knew was that she wanted her mom back instead of the other lady. the little girl asked her dad
“where is mom?!”
the lady reply
“She is not here!”
Then she asked again wanting to know
“where is mom??!!”
this time her dad reply
“I dont know”
But he did know he just didn't wanted to tell his daughter.
Later on in the day she was playing in her room and the lady walks in and yells
“your daughter is making a mess she should pick it up right now!!!!!”
The little girls was getting annoyed by the lady because every time she was doing something the lady would just scream and tell her dad to not let her do that anymore or to do what the lady wants. The dad would always do what the lady said.
The next day the little girl got a hold on her mom and was talking to her. While the little girls and her mom make plans to see each other the lady hear. Once the little girl was done talking on the phone she was going to see her mom. when she was out the door of her room she saw her dad and the lady in the living room staring at her. The little girl told her dad where she was going to go and if he can give her a ride over there, but the lady said to the dad
“you shouldn't let her see her mom”
And the dad agreed.
The little girl was so mad and sad that she started shaking, she slammed the door and screamed “I hate you!!!!” in her room.

Then at night a man that was friends with the mom and the little girl tried to sneak in the house to get her. He had a gun ready because he knew the dad wasn't going to give her up. When the friend opened the door he saw the dad with a gun pointing at him. After that the police came somehow out of no where. The police found stolen diamonds and when they were going to get the little girl she escaped through the window. Then two men went chasing after her.


I shared my dream above with my mom after I finish telling my dream, she told me what she thinks my dream means.“The little girl feels trap without freedom to express herself physically and verbally. She sees the adults as people who control her and don't understand her”.. I honestly didn't analyze my dream that way, it was amazing how someone can give you a different perspective on something that I keep personal. At the beginning I resisted sharing my dreams with others but now I like hearing people's perspective. If I could go back to my dream, then I would change the way the little girl ran away for no reason, and if I lived this dream in real life, the I would investigate on why my mom left.



No comments:

Post a Comment