Pages

Monday, December 16, 2013

Prevent Global Warming

For the last unit of our Global Peace we studied the last principal of Gandhi satyagraha, means insistence on the truth. Inspired by Gandhi's non-violent movement towards freeing India we choose an issue that we strongly feel about and did a non-violent action towards it. My issue was Global Warming, one way to prevent it is by changing the light bulbs to energy saver bulbs. The think that was challenging was changing the light bulbs because I haven't that done that before. One thing that I learned was how to switch the light bulbs and how global warming can be address in different ways. I am proud of my flayer and the work I did to prevent global warming.

Plan:
My plan was to switch the traditional light bulbs to the energy saver light bulbs because it saves energy and heat. Energy saver light bulbs cost more that the other ones but its worth it at the end because it saves you money on your next bill and helps the planet. Energy bulbs saves 75% heat and electricity, also they are more bright that the other bulbs.

Purpose:
My purpose of this plan was to prevent more global warming because global warming is destroying the atmosphere that lets us breath. Also lots of carbon dioxide and heat goes to the atmosphere which leads to us dyeing and not having a planet to live in because so far earth is the only planet that humans can live in.

Action:
The action that I decided to take was change the light bulbs of my house I was going to change the bulbs of my house and my school but my school already change the bulbs so I could only change the bulbs of my house. I decided to change the light bulbs because its another way that prevents global warming because someone already thought of the idea of recycling beens so lots of people are recycling now.




No comments:

Post a Comment