Pages

Wednesday, September 28, 2016

College Plans!

For the first unit of the course Economics, we studied opportunity cost and how everything has a price your time, your choices, and the things you do. It was heavily filled with concepts of how people think and incentives. We studied math concept such as, simple interest, compound interest, continuous compound interest and matrix. Another thing we learned was Supply and Demand curves, how it can shift depending on a product. We went to the Federal Reserve Bank for our FE and we were able to talk to Rick Matoon a Economist. We asked him question about his job and what the Federal Reserve controls the economy. For our action project, we chose a career and two paths to get to our career in college. I chose Music because I am a harpist and I wanted to see the number to get my bachelor's degree in that Major. I choose two schools that I could go to, I chose Valparaiso University and UIC University of Illinois at Chicago. During this project I had difficulties in getting the right numbers to do the math and I learned how pursing this Major can impact my future after college. Below is a sound cloud of an extended explanation for my decision and the slideshow shows the cost of attending college.





No comments:

Post a Comment