Pages

Monday, November 4, 2013

Story of Segregation


During the investigation I had to interview someone that has experience segregation in there life. The person I choose is anonymous but agreed to share the answers. After I wrote a reflection on what I learned about sarvodaya/segregation from the interview.

Reflection

While my interview I learned that segregation is when a person feels that they are different from everybody else, when they are put aside from normality, when the person feels that he/she are not good enough (from my interviewee). My interviewee story isnt that tragic as others but the story is what some kids feel right now. My interview had a hard childhood you can say because he was segregated from the rest of his peers for the reason of his IEP. He was segregated in sports, in academic performance, etc. He was alone in those times but he decided to change himself from the inside. Also he asked for help to his parents and people around him. He didn't change into what people wanted him to change or to fit into but he change for himself to see what he can become. Now in his life he is not segregated and he doesn't segregate other, if he sees somebody being segregated he helps that person during the person's situation.
After this interview i feel that my understanding of sarvodaya has change because now I know that when there is no sarvodaya theres segregation and segregation is a hard thing to live with especially when people treat you different for something that you didn't choose to have or how you act.

No comments:

Post a Comment