Pages

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

How Cherry was known


In the course Food For Thought our unit was called death. This unit is based on how our food system impacts humans and the environment. For our second project we chose a fruit and followed it's distribution chain, then made a prezi for it. I chose Cherry for my project. I chosed Cherry because I like eating them and because I thought it would be interesting to see how Cherries got to my home. Something that I found surprising was that even if you're not a farmer you can still be exposed to the pesticides. Another thing was that for those 42 pesticides that the Cherries have in them, they can cause a pandemic disease. After doing research on a food, I became aware of how important it is to clean your fruit well before you eat it and that foods can have lots of pesticides that you don't know about.



No comments:

Post a Comment