Pages

Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Dipping my toes in the business world

In this school year, I interned with the Health and Wellness teacher Alison Rootberg. I helped her with social media, sponsors, schools, getting grants, donations, making flyers better, helping at the shamrock shuffle, helping Blessons and hosting a student showcase. Through my hard work, I got many service hours. I would meet with Alison every Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. During the week I was only able to do 1 or 2 hours because of my other extra curricular's and on the weekend I worked with her for 3 hours. I learned a lot from her and saw how much work it takes to keep an organization up and running is a lot of work. There's a lot of stress, headaches, early mornings, many discussions with employers, and many hours spent on maintaining the organization.


No comments:

Post a Comment