Pages

Sunday, March 20, 2016

Music Clock!

In the third unit of the course Light, Sound and Time, we studied sundials, arc length, longitude, latitude, complementary and supplementary angles, sextant, pendulum, time zones, circumference, Pythagorean theorem, distance formula, cocks and different ways to tell time. We also did a mini lesson on a chapter that we read of our choice out of the books Einstein's Dreams, E=mc^2 and A Brief History of Time. I read the book Einstein's Dreams and I did a mini lesson on how time affects youth. For people who live in tall buildings or far away from Earth's core they age slowly because time passes slowly whereas if you live closer to the core time passes faster. For our action project, we designed a unique device to tell time. I mixed a 70’s boombox and a 2015 Apple watch. My clock is called a Music Clock and it tells time by playing your favorite album as an hour passes. As I was doing this project I had difficulty finding a quote and showing the cool features my clock had. I learned different ways to tell time and how creativity has a big influence. To learn more about my Music Clock please look at my video below.



Quote:

"Music is a Moral Law. It gives Soul to the Universe. " 
-Plato


Citations:

 

No comments:

Post a Comment